Our latest news on COVID-19
we are open!
Please call, email, text or book online.
Update on roadmap changes for 19th July 2021. For the foreseeable future all the Covid-secure measures mentioned below will remain in place.
The image shows our Covid Secure reception - looks pretty similar to before!
Things you need to know when coming to the centre for an appointment
- Before you arrive you will have to complete a declaration and consent form
- Please continue to wear a mask at all times when on the premises
- Apologies if you are in a clinically 'very' vulnerable group, or living with someone in that group, we cannot see you
- Unless required for advocacy, or guardianship please do not bring guests with you to the centre
- A practitioner may ask to take your temperature upon arrival, if you have a fever the session will need to be rescheduled
- Please travel light, if possible leave any extra baggage at home
- Upon arrival you will have to use our hand sanitiser, and if necessary put on a complementary disposable face mask
- We're not allowed to offer you refreshments, please bring your own water bottle
- Our toilets are available to use but we have to clean them after each use, so please bear this in mind
How else are you being Covid-Secure?
Along with the measures mentioned above we have done the following:
- Completed a thorough risk assessment and implemented changes where necessary including but not limited to;
- Staggering appointment times across our 3 rooms
- Rationed the different lengths of appointment available, to allow for staggered appointments
- Reduced the amount of staff on site (as much as is practical)
- Only allowing 1 client in reception at a time and cleaning it after every visitor
- We will minimise the contact you have with door handles and other potential frequent touch surfaces
- Treatment rooms will be cleaned after every appointment
- Towels used in appointments will only be used for your session before being removed and washed
- Pillowcases will be replaced after every appointment
- Your practitioner will be wearing a face covering
- The wider premises will be cleaned at the end of each day
I have a gift voucher that expired during lockdown, what can I do?
We will continue to honour all vouchers, even if they expired during the lockdown period.
Do I really need to wear a face covering / mask?
Yes, they do not stop you getting the virus but they do stop you giving it to someone. As we are unable to be socially distant, it is a key infection control measure. Both you and your practitioner must wear them. If you refuse to wear a mask we cannot do the appointment.
This information is accurate at time of publishing: 16:00 on 16.07.2021